Saturday, February 4, 2017

week 3

1.     When I was thinking whom to interview, the first person that came to my mind was my friend Amina. I met her two years ago when she just moved her from Finland to join her husband and live here permanently. Moving to a new country is not something new to her. When she was 7 years old she moved from Somalia to Ethiopia, and after a year she moved to Finland. I’m curious about her experience as a new immigrant as well as the biggest challenges she is facing in the U.S.A.

2.     Subject of the profile essay, David Mills is a typical person. He is a pastor representing and serving his community. What is not typical about him is that he used to be a priest, and then he became a pastor. He opened The Mount Desert Oceanarium. Sources of information are observation as well as an interview.


3.   The evidence that David had found as unusual channel for his religious faith is:
·      David Mills said that Lord sent him send him to Main to start the museum.
·      In first paragraph he is shown having a conversation with kids about lobsters and at the same time referring to Bible.
·     He is very passionate about museum and preaching and he connects the two.

4. I didn’t make a decision if I’m going to include myself in the essay. “Passengers” essay is more about story telling with less dialogs and citations. I found it more interesting to read than “Museum Missionary” where the author is an active participant and writes about his experiences and feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment